Yacht Consult Westport 112
Pre-Purchase Yacht Consultation: Westport 112′ Motoryacht
Becket & Company just completed a pre-purchase yacht consultation for one of our long-term clients who owned a Hinckley Talaria 40. We organized and managed the survey and sea trial process of a Westport 112′ Motoryacht he decided to purchase.
Our yacht consulting work included:
- Recommending hull, engine and electrical systems surveyors
- Representing the buyer throughout survey, sea trial and conditional acceptance
- Working with listing and selling brokers to address items on surveyors list and expedite closing for our customer\Recommending an insurance broker and advising the owner on coverage necessary
- Interviewing potential captains with the buyer and carrying out necessary due diligence (background checks etc) on the candidates.
- Working with brokerage house to organize trade of Hinckley in the deal and transfer of the boat’s ownership to brokerage house at closing
- Facilitating the Hinckley’s survey for brokerage house
- Organizing the placement of funds in escrow to complete previously requested winter work on the Hinckley prior to the Westport purchase