Complete Electronics Refit
Refit Management: 2000 Hinckley® Picnic Boat Electronics Refit
Becket & Co. worked with an owner to fully update his 2000 Classic Picnic Boat with the latest marine electronics so that he and his family will feel safe and comfortable on the water. Picnic Boats 10 years old or more benefit from a complete electronics refit to make them safer and give the owner the tools to make better decisions that can affect safety.
We oversaw the removal of the original Northstar® chartplotter and Raymarine® radar and are currently managing the installation of the following new electronics:
- Raymarine® E120W Chartplotter
- Raymarine® RD418D 4kw radome
- Raystar® 125 plus GPS sensor and a Sea Talk HS crossover coupler
- Sirius® satellite radio
- AIS 500 (a vessel identification system now widely used on pleasure craft)
We also ensured the helm pod face was resurfaced with new teak veneer:
- 2 sealer, 6 build-up, and 2 finish coats of varnish were applied.
Additional work we’ve managed:
- Maintenance varnish
- Main water seal replacement on the vessel’s Hamilton waterjet